Your family is your top priority, and it is the top priority of a The Woodlands Texas divorce lawyer here at the Bolton Law Firm, PC as well. Dramatic changes in your life such as a divorce or custody dispute take a toll on both you and your family, even if you are the one wanting the divorce. Unfortunately, if you do not want a divorce, it can be even more difficult. But, no matter how badly you feel about this process now, you can take the opportunity of divorce to make your life better when it is over.
It is true that the impact of a divorce can be devastating, both financially and emotionally. However, the settlement from your divorce can either provide stability, allowing you, in turn, to provide for your family, or it can cripple you and hamper your ability to heal. We can help you keep focused on what you need to make your life better when the divorce is over.
The attorneys at Bolton Law help families focus on the issues that matter. We can help you keep civil communication with your spouse, even while drawing a hard line around the issues that matter. The attorney you hire can help you make your life better after your divorce. Our firm serves individuals in The Woodlands and its surrounding areas, including Shenandoah, Spring, Pinehurst, Magnolia, Stagecoach, Montgomery, Splendora, Tomball, Oak Ridge, Porter, Kingwood, New Caney, and Harris County. Contact our firm today to learn more about how we can assist you.
The Woodlands Texas Divorce Lawyer | Here to Fight for You
If you are beginning the divorce process, you most likely have a lot of questions. Our firm is here to answer those questions and come up with real, positive strategies and solutions to each of your concerns regarding the road ahead. When it comes to divorce, you cannot afford to trust just any attorney. You need an attorney who truly understands and cares about the impact your divorce may have on your life. Fortunately, that attorney is right here at the Bolton Law Firm, PC.
Our Legal Services
Those going through the divorce process can rely on an experienced The Woodlands Texas divorce lawyer from the Bolton Law Firm, PC to effectively guide them through the following divorce-related issues:
- Alimony: Alimony, known in Texas as spousal maintenance, can make the difference between a spouse being able to support themselves after a divorce and not. If you require alimony after your divorce, our firm is here to fight for it.
- Business Valuation: When a business owner gets divorced, in many cases, his or her business will be up for equitable distribution. To distribute assets associated with a business, however, you will have to set a value to the business. Our business valuation lawyers can ensure that your business is valued properly to avoid complications with the IRS and other entities.
- Contested Divorce: When a couple cannot agree on the terms of their divorce, they are in a contested divorce. When a contested divorce enters litigation, the terms of that divorce will ultimately be decided by a judge, which is why you need an attorney who can effectively present your case.
- Gray Divorce: All divorces are complicated on some level, however, gray divorces can be even more so, as couples who get divorced later in life often find that they have various commingled assets, which can make the equitable distribution process all the more complicated.
- High Net Worth Divorce: High net individuals have a lot at stake, and if you or your spouse owns more than $1 million in assets, you are in a high net worth divorce. Our firm has handled countless high net worth divorces in the past, and we are ready to fight for what is rightfully yours. With so much on the line, you simply cannot afford to proceed without aggressive legal representation.
- Marital Property Division: When a couple gets divorced, the court will break their property down into marital property and separate property. In most cases, marital property will include the marital home, certain vehicles the couple owns, assets held in bank accounts, and more. Further, marital property is generally subject to equitable distribution, meaning it may be at stake in a divorce. We are on your side.
- Prenuptial Agreements: Prenuptial agreements can be a fantastic means for future spouses to ensure that their assets are protected, should they ever get divorced. Our firm can also draft postnuptial agreements for spouses who are already married, which essentially serve the same purpose.
- Uncontested Divorce: Couples who can agree on the terms of their divorce are considered to be in uncontested divorces. That being said, just because you can agree on the terms of your divorce initially doesn’t mean that you always will. Additionally, regardless of whether you can agree on divorce terms, divorce is a critical legal issue that you simply cannot try to resolve on your own. Our firm has handled countless divorces over the year–both contested and uncontested–and we can handle yours as well.
Contact a The Woodlands Texas Divorce Lawyer
Oftentimes, dreading a divorce is even more stressful than the divorce itself. In fact, you may feel a huge sense of relief after filing, because now you know the decision has officially been made. Although divorce can be challenging, it is also an opportunity to get a fresh start. Remember, the divorce is not a tragedy; the broken marriage that has caused the divorce is the tragedy. Divorce can be the start of the solution. We can help you attain closure and the confidence that you are exiting your marriage with what you need to plan for your future life. Let us help divorce make your life better. Contact the Bolton Law Firm, PC today to schedule your initial consultation with our firm.